BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) -
Make-A-Wish Alabama grants wishes for kids who are facing life-threatening medical conditions.
This year, organizers of the Make-A-Wish Alabama Trailblaze Challenge want to grant more wishes. About 135 kids usually have wishes granted, but they say about 300 are on the waiting list.
In order to meet the need, the organization says it needs your help and they are setting up informational sessions so you can learn how
"Make-A-Wish Alabama fulfills a really unique need in our community and a lot of people don't realize that Make-A-Wish Alabama depends on local resources and dollars to grant wishes. everything we do is right here in the state of Alabama. it fills an incredible need for children who have been through so much and face these incredible challenges," Valerie Gerber said.
Informational meetings for Trailblaze Challenge are held Jan, 23 through Feb. 11. You have to RSVP.
- Jan 23: Bass Pro Shop -- Leeds -- 6 p.m.
- Jan. 24: Fleet Feet -- Birmingham -- 6 p.m.
- Jan. 26: Lifetime Fitness -- Vestavia Hills -- 6 p.m.
- Jan 28: Alabama Outdoors -- Homewood -- 9 a.m.
- Jan. 31: The FARM -- Birmingham -- 6 p.m.
- Feb. 2: Mountain High Outfitters -- Cahaba Heights -- 6 p.m.
- Feb. 4: Mountain High Outfitters -- Cahaba Heights -- 9 a.m.
- Feb. 6: Avondale Brewery -- Avondale -- 6 p.m.
- Feb. 11: Red Mountain Park -- Birmingham -- 9 a.m.
For more information on Trailblaze Challenge, visit alabamatrailblaze.org.