The Alabama Regional Advisory Councils are comprised of individuals in various Alabama regions who desire to further the mission of Make-A-Wish Alabama. Regional Advisory Council members support Make-A-Wish Alabama's fundraising and event planning efforts within the region.
- Believe in and commit to creating life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses in Alabama
- Participate in fulfilling at least one wish per year within their region
- Uphold the mission, protect the trademark, and preserve the integrity of Make-A-Wish Alabama
- Actively use personal time, resources, talents, skills and/or networks to contribute to successfully achieving the foundation's mission
- Serve as an ambassador for the organization by accurately and positively representing Make-A-Wish Alabama to their community
Currently, there are Regional Advisory Councils in North Alabama, Birmingham, Central Alabama, the Gulf Coast region, and the Wiregrass region. To find out more information or to get involved in a Regional Advisory Council, contact Valerie Gerber, Make-A-Wish Alabama Development & Marketing Director.