Kids For Wish Kids® is a Make-A-Wish® program that is beneficial not only to the children who will receive the gift of a wish, but also to the students who make those wishes possible. Lessons learned include the importance of community involvement, leadership skills, self-esteem and teamwork. Students work towards a final goal and make a difference in the life of a child who is fighting overwhelming odds.
Kids For Wish Kids program objectives:
- Increase awareness among children and teenagers about the mission of Make-A-Wish® Alabama
- Encourage young people to become actively involved in fulfilling wishes through Make-A-Wish® Alabama
- Foster the value of community service, using this program as a hands-on learning experience for children
- Create school spirit and help students learn how to work together for a common goal
- Sell tickets to a Faculty Talent Show
- Host a schoolwide coin drive
- Organize a holiday party, a dance, a bowl-a-thon or walk-a-thon
- Organize a bake sale or a carwash
- Sell Make-A-Wish® Holiday Cards
You can try one of these ideas or devise a project on your own!
Putting the “fun” in fundraising, Kids for Wish Kids offers youngsters a unique opportunity to raise money for some very special children - Make-A-Wish kids. Kids for Wish Kids is an educational program that enables students to work together and develop leadership skills while raising money for a great cause. With the assistance of parents, teachers, and community leaders Kids for Wish Kids provides students and young people the opportunity to be creative and manage their own fundraiser from start to finish.
For a Kids for Wish Kids Fundraising Form, click here.