The Birmingham Junior Council is comprised of young professionals who desire to further the mission of Make-A-Wish Alabama. Junior Council members will do this by supporting Make-A-Wish Alabama's fundraising and event planning efforts within the region.
- Believe in and commit to providing hope, strength and joy for every eligible Alabama child battling a life-threatening medical condition;
- Participate in fulfilling at least one wish per year within their region;
- Uphold the mission, protect the trademark, and preserve the integrity of Make-A-Wish Alabam;
- Actively use personal time, resources, talents, skills and/or networks to contribute to successfully achieving the Foundation's mission.
- Plan and implement annual special event within the region, led by the Junior Council;
- Serve as an ambassador for the organization by accurately and positvely representing Make-A-Wish Alabama to their community;
- Make a personal gift to Make-A-Wish Alabama of $100 per fiscal year. In addtion to a personal gift, each member is asked to raise $500 for the chapter through their fundraising efforts during the fiscal year. This total can be raised through general donations, sponsorships and in-kind donations.
The Junior Council holds its monthly meetings every six weeks at the Make-A-Wish Alabama chapter office.
400 Vestavia Parkway, Suite 402
Vestavia Hills, AL 35243
Members of the Birmingham Junior Council