JOB TITLE: Marketing Coordinator(Full-Time)
REPORTS TO: Director of Development & Marketing
JOB SUMMARY: The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for raising the profile of Make-A-Wish® Alabama through communications/marketing efforts throughout the state to include web content, social media, and graphic design.
RAISE THE PROFILE AND BROADEN AWARENESS OF MAKE-A-WISH ALABAMA
• Write and distribute effective, persuasive media releases to statewide print and broadcast media outlets
• Prepare materials for media kits that ensure positive image through proactive approach and consistent messaging
• Develop and maintain relationships with key media
• Create mission driven videos (as needed) to communicate our story and need for support
• Assist with special event and mission publicity initiatives in order to gain public attention, support and activation through the media
• Work with media to build telethons, radiothons, cause marketing and other campaigns to raise awareness and develop significant fundraising campaigns.
• Implement media opportunities to enhance and grow national campaigns on the chapter level
• Promote the Wishes in Flight program through media opportunities, on-line giving, etc.
• Implement chapter-wide Marketing & Social Media Plan
MANAGE WEBSITE / SOCIAL MEDIA
• Maintain chapter website ensuring that content is current, fresh and engaging
• Ensure that all collaterals are driving traffic to website
• Ensure timeliness of local and national posts on social media sites
• Create additional strategies to increase followers and engagement on social media sites
• Ensure that national sponsorship obligations are fulfilled on the local chapter level,
OVERSEE WISH KID ALUMNI GROUP
• Create and implement a Wish Kid Alumni engagement plan
• Identify and schedule wish kids for events as needed
PROVIDE MARKETING COLLATERAL TO ELEVATE OUR LEVEL OF SUPPORT
• Create and/or update collateral to ensure brand compliance and consistency
• Create dynamic collateral for all departments
• Oversee publication and distribution of monthly e-newsletter for donors, wish kid alumni, and volunteer wish granters
COMMUNICATE, TRAIN AND ENSURE BRAND STANDARDS
• Become an expert in Make-A-Wish brand standards and educate staff with updates as needed
• Review brand compliance of all collaterals and update as needed
• Represent the Foundation at fundraising events and in the community as needed.
• Promote team environment within development department and throughout the chapter.
• Track prospect/donor moves in Raiser’s Edge using actions and notes
• Adhere to all Make-A-Wish Foundation of America performance standards and Make-A-Wish Alabama internal controls, policies and procedures.
• Assist with other projects as assigned by the Director of Development & Marketing or the CEO
• Strategic thinker with strong sales, writing and marketing skills
• Graphic design skills with the ability to be innovative and creative
• Passion for the Make-A-Wish® mission
• Bachelor’s degree required; journalism, marketing or communications degree preferred
• Organized, self-motivated and committed individual who can work with minimal supervision, manage multiple priorities, and work in a deadline-driven environment
• Experience and a high level of comfort in dealing with a diverse group of individuals (i.e. corporate leaders, community leaders, government officials, agency leaders and volunteers)
• Experience in team-based, cross-functional work environments with effective and respectful communication as a top priority
• Must model integrity, work to inspire colleagues and community contacts, and strive to build a solid base of loyal donors
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
• Excellent organizational and computer skills (Required: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
• Willingness to work weekend or evening events/functions or travel as necessary
• Valid driver’s license
Submit resume, cover letter, portfolio (or school/work examples) and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.